Serves: 1 (8-inch) cake
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (112 grams) extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup (120 grams) whole milk
- 1 tablespoon of Hala Hemp Lemon 250 MG Tincture
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) almond extract
- 1½ cups (188 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons (7.5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with baking spray or olive oil
- Beat eggs and sugar at high speed for 30 seconds. Add olive oil then CBD tincture in a slow, steady stream, beating until combined. Add milk, beating until combined. Reduce mixer speed to low. Beat in extracts.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to egg mixture, beating until combined, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 30 to 33 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Brush with fresh olive oil just before serving. Store at room temperature wrapped loosely in foil or plastic wrap.
Optional Raspberry Jam:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 cups raspberries
- Place sugar in an ovenproof shallow pan and warm in a 250°F (120°C) oven for 15 minutes. (Warm sugar dissolves better.)
- Place berries in a large stainless steel or enamel saucepan. Bring to a full boil over high heat, mashing berries with a potato masher as they heat. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Add warm sugar, return to a boil, and boil until mixture will form a gel (see tips, below), about 5 minutes.
- Spoon a top of your sliced CBD Olive Oil Cake